Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Things we do for love

Sitting comfortably behind the TV, watching a documentary, I realized the power of love. Love is not just a feeling but it's a lifestyle, a way of life. You enjoy it only when you walk in that way of life and as D'banj rightly said "love is a beautiful thing".
The documentary was about how animals feed, take care and protect their young ones. These animals protect them from any kind of harm and all their actions is not because it's their obligation, it's because of LOVE, nothing else but love.
My girlfriend and I had a long talk yesterday, she pointed out all my errors. She's this fragile, soft, loving and of course beautiful lady with a lot of other wonderful qualities I can't mention here, while myself on the other hand....hmmnnn!!! a principled hardheaded tough young man with a straight face, a no nonsense and rigid fellow with zero tolerance for folly (I'm not that bad though, im also sweet...lol). Sometimes I wonder how "I caught that big fish"....hahahahaa!!! "VGBG" like me. Anyway, she pointed out a whole lot of things and now I understand that one has to really evaluate his/herself almost everyday.
Love is the greatest of all, even the bible testifies, but this love, you really have to fight for it in order to enjoy it. My girlfriend hates spiders so now I hate spiders, I kill them anywhere I see them (I hope I don't get arrested by 'animal rights' activists); she's fragile and if you dare raise your voice, she breaks down, so I have to keep it low and cool irrespective of the point I'm trying to make; she feels cold easily, any little cold, she's freezing, so I have to adjust my thermostat to fit into hers and so on, because I love her. If you ask her, she'll bring out a long list of how she's adjusting herself to fit my lifestyle...it's a vice versa attitude and as we both say, "the little things that you do, makes me love you more".
Let's learn to fight for what we cherish, not a "brouhaha" fight, but compromises in order to keep what we love. There's a lot of divorces and breaking up in the world, let's make whatever we have work. As it is being said, love is not Romeo and Juliet where one died, love is grandma and grandpa getting old together and not being able to do without themselves.
These are notable quotes, few but carry weight. Let's love ourselves as one.
A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved. - Kurt Vonnegut
Love, after all, always said more about those who felt it than it did about the ones they loved. - Nicholas Sparks
Love and friendship. They are what make us who we are, and what can change us, if we let them. - Emily Giffin
To love is to be in communion with the other and to discover in that other the spark of God. - Paulo Coelho
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. ― Lao Tzu
Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. ― Robert A. Heinlein
A phone call, a small note, kind words, even a smile can show love.

No comments:

Post a Comment