Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Celebrating a rare gem at 60

Mr. Adeyemo Adejumo as you know him, well, I know him as "daddy leko" (Daddy in lagos) or daddy. A wonderful man with the fear of God, humble, well mannered, intelligent, lucrative and a whole lot of other qualities I can go on and on to write about. He's a man with great foresight, married to a beautiful woman and blessed with many wonderful children (can't call them kids cos they're giants, especially the one who is the latest dad in town...lol).
A retired managing director of a top re-insurance company: Continental Reinsurance Company (CRe), past president of Chattered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN), in short, a perfect gentleman.
Daddy is 60, wow!!! To survive 20 years on earth is serious, then 30, 40, all the way to 60, it's such a blessing, a gift from God.
I remember back in model college days (secondary school), I had a family friend who always came to my school for business. Everybody said all sorts of terrible things about her and I couldn't defend her because everything said about her was true. The only thing I could do was to pretend as if I didn't know her anytime such discussions came up, or leave. It's a whole different ball game with daddy, he's a man of integrity, someone I can identify with anywhere because of his integrity which is unequivocal.
I grew up knowing him, he's actually my second dad, not that I'm trying to "famz" but it's the fact. We (my siblings and I) go to his house for vacation, something we always looked forward to. He plays with us, tells jokes, advices us etc and before I forget, my pocket never leaves his house empty (if you know what I mean) and it's the same thing with mummy.
He's a role model, a rare gem.
Daddy, happy 60th birthday. You're a blessing to us and we pray that God continue to bless you, keep you safe and grant you long life in abundance and prosperity.
He launched his book "Singing of His mercies: the Adeyemo Adejumo story" and trust me, it's a book to get. It's an autobiography where we all can learn how to live a fulfilled, prosperous and God fearing life.
He told of his background, how he grew up, his school life (hmm… kinda different compared with ours), how he met… (u get the gist!), how he started his career, how he rose up the ladder of success and a whole lot more. Mark you, all was by the grace of God and he really emphasized that fact! You can get the book through me, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment